Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Taking “Fixed Region” Screen Captures in SnagIt

I don't know about you, but I can be very picky about the look of images I use in my courses, storyboards and job aids. I want them to be the same size and this often means I spend a lot of time editing them in whatever program I'm creating my final project in - resizing, cropping, etc.

Recently, I discovered (and by "discovered" I mean googled…) that SnagIt has a great feature that solves this!

There's a capture profile called "Fixed Region" that allows you to set a specific size so each screenshot you take with the Fixed Region profile is the same size. The fixed region settings can be changed at any time, which is very convenient as size needs can change from project to project.

Check out the short video below to see how to use SnagIt's Fixed Region capture profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment